Monday, March 26, 2012

pass values back to parent window

I want to open up a little window so the user can choose something. So I will
use javascript window.open to open up another aspx. However when they close
this i want to map some text box values on this page to some text box values
on the parent aspx. I have no idea how i would do this. any ideas? thank you.hi louise,

u need to use window.opener function of javascript, chk this link for more
details :

http://www.vbcity.com/forums/topic...window%2Eopener

"louise raisbeck" <louiseraisbeck@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:DF3969DD-0E61-47D3-8A76-B2D59CDDC474@.microsoft.com...
> I want to open up a little window so the user can choose something. So I
will
> use javascript window.open to open up another aspx. However when they
close
> this i want to map some text box values on this page to some text box
values
> on the parent aspx. I have no idea how i would do this. any ideas? thank
you.
very helpful. thank you.

"parshuram" wrote:

> hi louise,
> u need to use window.opener function of javascript, chk this link for more
> details :
> http://www.vbcity.com/forums/topic...window%2Eopener
> "louise raisbeck" <louiseraisbeck@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:DF3969DD-0E61-47D3-8A76-B2D59CDDC474@.microsoft.com...
> > I want to open up a little window so the user can choose something. So I
> will
> > use javascript window.open to open up another aspx. However when they
> close
> > this i want to map some text box values on this page to some text box
> values
> > on the parent aspx. I have no idea how i would do this. any ideas? thank
> you.
>

0 comments:

Post a Comment