Saturday, March 24, 2012

Pass Web FileObject to a class

All
I have a file HTML object, I want to pass this object to a class so I can write a common method for uploading files.
Idea is to avoid coding file saving in the forms submit button, but call a method that can process the file that just got submitted.

Is this possible at all? Any idea on how to handle this issue?

TIA"kaushas" <kaushas@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:95A6B7BA-F2D9-4B2B-B60F-4BAA7EF1A4ED@.microsoft.com...
> All
> I have a file HTML object, I want to pass this object to a class so I can
write a common method for uploading files.
> Idea is to avoid coding file saving in the forms submit button, but call a
method that can process the file that just got submitted.
> Is this possible at all? Any idea on how to handle this issue?

Do you mean that you want to pass the "file HTML object" to a method of a
class? Just pass it. What problem are you having when you try to do this?
Can you post some code that reproduces the problem?
--
John Saunders
johnwsaundersiii at hotmail
Sorry
I should have been more specific. I was looking for the object type that I needed to define in the method signature... and then I answered my own question -> it has to be the HtmlInputFile type that needs to be passed to the method... duh

thanks
"John Saunders" wrote:

> "kaushas" <kaushas@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:95A6B7BA-F2D9-4B2B-B60F-4BAA7EF1A4ED@.microsoft.com...
> > All
> > I have a file HTML object, I want to pass this object to a class so I can
> write a common method for uploading files.
> > Idea is to avoid coding file saving in the forms submit button, but call a
> method that can process the file that just got submitted.
> > Is this possible at all? Any idea on how to handle this issue?
> Do you mean that you want to pass the "file HTML object" to a method of a
> class? Just pass it. What problem are you having when you try to do this?
> Can you post some code that reproduces the problem?
> --
> John Saunders
> johnwsaundersiii at hotmail
>

0 comments:

Post a Comment