Saturday, March 24, 2012

Pass XML File to web page

Ok, I'm a relative web newbie here so bear with me...

I need to pass an XML file to an ASP.Net web page on a remote server.
The .net page will read this XML file and act upon its contents. How
do I go about passing such a file?

thanks in advance...

-MikeYou've not said what your client is, as you could just do a file upload if
its a asp.net page and open the file on the server using the xml classes.
If its a client app, theres a good example here:

http://www.codeproject.com/Purgatory/XmlPost.asp

--
Regards

John Timney
Microsoft MVP

"bdtmike" <mike.aes@.gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1139459368.262630.114360@.g44g2000cwa.googlegr oups.com...
> Ok, I'm a relative web newbie here so bear with me...
> I need to pass an XML file to an ASP.Net web page on a remote server.
> The .net page will read this XML file and act upon its contents. How
> do I go about passing such a file?
> thanks in advance...
> -Mike
Well, here's what I want: I have an ASP.Net web page that will produce
a google map with points plotted on the map. Points and other
parameters are passed to this page via XML. The page should act on
this file and render the page accordingly. The client would be an IE
browser. The end result is a web page.
John,
how do you do a file upload to an ASP page?
lots of articles on this topic

http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/fileupload.asp

--
Regards

John Timney
Microsoft MVP

"bdtmike" <mike.aes@.gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1141570184.957328.238320@.i40g2000cwc.googlegr oups.com...
> John,
> how do you do a file upload to an ASP page?
You want something like this web page does?
http://www.reimers.dk/atlas/map.aspx

0 comments:

Post a Comment