Friday, March 16, 2012

Passing a value from one page to another C#

some trouble!

In my Recipes.aspx (webform2) I am trying to declare the sourcepage variable using RecipesFinder (webform1)

Webform 1
namespace RecipeFind
public class RecipeFinder

webform2
public class Recipes :System.Web.UI.Page
{
public RecipeFinder sourcepage;

etc etc

I get
If I use the namespace of webform1 I get
err : RecipeFind denotes a namespace where a class was expected

If I use the class name of Webforn1 I get
err: The type or namespace name RecipeFinder could not be found (are you missing a using
directive or assembly)

any ideasI don't understand what you are asking. If you want to pass a value from one page to another you can use the QueryString or the Session/Application collectons to keep a value while the page is destroyed and a new one created. You may also be able to use Server.Transfer.
many thanks

I am getting these errors and clearly missing something what I wanted was ideas to make the code I am using work OK

0 comments:

Post a Comment