Friday, March 16, 2012

Passing a Varible Issue With Zonealram Pro

Hi All,

I am not able to pass a varible when testing an asp.net application on my local machine unless i disable Zonealram Pro......has anyone else had this issue/know what to do ?

regards

TonyThis is very interesting. Are you trying to pass a normal variable or a session variable? Does everything else in your app work with ZA enabled? Are you able to connect to the internet?

I have the free ZA on my machine at home, and I've never experienced any compatibility issues with .NET. ZA Pro does a few more things than the free version, but nothing that should cause what you're seeing.

The one problem I do consistently have with ZA though is if I reboot my machine, I can't connect to the internet without stopping and restarting ZA. Maybe you could try that and see if it makes a difference. Please keep us posted, I'd really be curious to figure this one out.

Jeff
I use ZA Pro 4.5. When its Ad Blocking setting is set to "High", it does not preserve session state. I think it loses the sessionID and that leads to creating a new Session object with each post back.

When I test my own code that uses a Session object, I turn off Ad Blocking until I am finished.

I hope this helps.
Hi All,

thanks for your posts.

I am passing a session variable......and this works fine with the free zonealarm.....so PL you must be correct....I did lose a days work over this......re-wrorte my code 9 times...at least...:(

so watch out !

rgs

Tony

0 comments:

Post a Comment